Next May 20th, at 15:30, at l’Auditori in Barcelona, we will hold the fourth edition of our Three-headed Monkey Awards – Social Point. This year we will have a very different and awesome new format for the event. Please, let me tell you about it ;)
First, I must tell you that we have got more than 100 entries, all quite varied in genre, platform and technology. Specifically, 68 projects have been submitted in the Games category, 26 short films in the Animation category, and 8 game design projects in the Young Talent category.
Below you can see a screenshot from the conference timetable, the titles and the contents, and the sign-in button. 7 days before the event takes place I can tell you there were less than 100 places (out of 580) available, so hurry up and register!
I have tried to change the event’s DNA in such a way that it looks closer to the GDC reference. With this purpose in mind, we have introduced the networking area, three conferences by international speakers, and more categories in the actual competition. So, you will be dazzled with the following brand new features:
- Networking Area: where you will be able to test drive all the games, get a first-hand view from the games’ authors, and learn about each of the finalist projects. Let me give you an insider’s tip: if you are one of the lucky first one hundred people to complete the game path, you will get a super cool and exclusive Three-headed Monkey Awards t-shirt! (Not available in stores!!!)
- Conferences: where you will be able to learn about the experience of 1) the new company that has just landed in Barcelona, ZeptoLab, the creators of Cut the Rope, 2) how to be involved in a AAA project whilst being a small studio, presented by one of the outsourcing managers at Microsoft, and 3) how to port a very well-known franchise such as Tomb Raider, into mobile platforms, the desired medium for indie studios.
- Round Table: where previous speakers and a representative from Social Point, our partner and one of the most important players in our event as they make it possible, will exchange views for the enjoyment of the audience.
- Awards Ceremony: our popular event with more features and our well-known suprise game moderated by Gina Tost and Albert Murillo of the Generació Digital program at Catalunya Ràdio.
I’m sure you will find the projects have an amazing level just like the jury did, they told me this with enthusiasm and surprise. You can find the list of finalist projects below, in alphabetic order:
1. AT THE MOUNTAINS OF MADNESS
2. BEYOND THE SKY
3. BROKEN PUPPET
7. LOVE YOU TO BITS
9. OTEM’S DEFIANCE
10. SONG OF HORROR
12. SUPER BARISTA
13. SUPER BLOO
14. TEN MILLION MICRONS
15. WAY OF REDEMPTION
16. WILDEBEEST REVENGE
Let’s stop the chit-chat and make a date for next Friday, May 20th.
(By the way, let me give you the information about how things went down in the previous editions: 1st edition, 2nd edition, and 3rd edition.)
Look behind you, a three-headed monkey! ;)